|Recyclable bulk jack packaging saves on installation time while decreasing material waste at |
IT network managers constantly seek more efficient and cost-effective options for large jack installations. To support these efforts, Leviton has expanded its offering of integrator-friendly bulk packaging to include new GreenPack bulk packs for select Atlas-X1® and eXtreme® jacks.
GreenPack bulk packs hold 12 jacks in individual, clear pockets. The jacks can be removed quickly, one at a time, with remaining jacks and components well organized and easily counted. The packs offer an environmentally sound alternative to individually packaged jacks, and the corrugated cardboard sleeve and PET plastic packaging is 100 percent recyclable.
“The innovative GreenPack packaging is easy to open, reusable and generates more jobsite efficiency with less waste,” said Yuna Shin, senior product manager for Leviton Network Solutions. “These benefits are especially noticeable in larger installations: In a typical 10,000 jack installation, using GreenPack provides a 3 percent total project cost savings in materials and labor.”
The bulk packaging is available for Atlas-X1 Cat 6A and Cat 6 UTP and shielded jacks, and eXtreme Cat 6A UTP jacks.
- GreenPack saves time on the jobsite, enabling faster unpacking and deployment versus individually bagged jacks.
- The packaging features secure corner tabs that open and close easily and create added protection for all jack components.
- A see-through window on GreenPack boxes allow for quick product identification.
- GreenPack is available in three jack colors for better network planning.
- Atlas-X1 and eXtreme jacks are compatible with all Leviton QuickPort® products.
- A 12-jack GreenPack provides the right number of jacks to match patch panel configurations (12 ports = 1 Pack, 24 ports = 2 Packs, 48 ports = 4 Packs).
Leviton is dedicated to conserving resources to preserve the environment for future generations, and it has a history of supporting customers with recyclable, integrator-friendly bulk packaging. In addition, Leviton’s Network Solutions facilities are ISO 14001:2015 certified to ensure its environmental impact is being measured and improved.
Leviton jacks, including those sold in the new GreenPack, are available through the company’s extensive distribution network.
For more information, visit the Leviton Copper Systems site.