The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) has joined the line-up for this year’s Smart Buildings Show, on 6-7 October 2021 at London’s ExCel exhibition centre, as a supporting association.
Smart Buildings Show is the leading UK event for smart buildings, connecting visitors to the latest information and technology in the smart buildings industry. The IET’s built environment work, which focuses on bringing together experts from a range of disciplines to produce best practice guides on topics such as building standards, to policy reports to help advise UK Government on future innovation, bolsters a strong industry-led programme across the two days.
Speaking on behalf of the event, John Hatcher, Conference Director, commented: “It’s great to have the IET on board as a supporting association. Smart Buildings Show will be bringing the best of current technology and best practice to its exhibition and conference and with the IET’s global membership of engineering and technology professionals now invited, the event promises to be bigger and better than ever.”
The IET will be represented at the show by its Codes & Guidance and Built Environment sector teams. Rick Hartwig, Built Environment Lead at the IET, said: “The IET is delighted to be partnering with Smart Buildings Show this year. Smart technology in buildings is increasingly important, as new services help improve safety, wellbeing and accessibility in our work and home environments. We are committed to helping advance technologies for the good of society and we look forward to showcasing some of our work in this area, from our Codes and Guidance for building standards to our thought leadership and policy work around retrofitting older buildings to bring them up to modern standards.”
The IET’s built environment work includes several best-practice publications and e-learning courses, helping industry stay up to date with technological advancements. More information can be found on the IET’s Codes & Guidance webpages and on the IET Academy.
To find out more about the IET’s thought-leadership work on retrofit and related built environment projects, see its sectors webpages.
Smart Buildings Show is a free to attend conference programme and at past events has had speakers from organisations such as JLL, IBM and Microsoft. You can register your interest in the event now at https://smartbuildingsshow.com/
About the IET
- We inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world.
- We are a diverse home for engineering and technology intelligence throughout the world. This breadth and depth means we are uniquely placed to help the sector progress society.
- We want to build the profile of engineering and technology to change outdated perceptions and tackle the skills gap. This includes encouraging more women to become engineers and growing the number of engineering apprentices.
- Interview opportunities are available with our spokespeople from a range of engineering and technology disciplines including cyber-security, energy, engineering skills, innovation, manufacturing, technology, transport and diversity in engineering.
- For more information, visit www.theiet.org
- Follow the IET on Twitter.
Media enquiries to:
External Communications Manager
T: +44 (0)7725 498 129
Senior Communications Executive
T: +44 (0)7872 844 422